Tips for Verifying Your TikTok Account
TikTok has become probably the most in-style social media network over time. Nevertheless, its reputation has led to the presence of many faux accounts.
That is why it is necessary to take safety measures. In this article, we’ll assess easy methods to confirm a Tiktok account.
What Are TikTok Badges?
TikTok badges are TikTok’s mechanism for confirming that an account belongs to the individual it claims to be owned by. The badge is a blue checkmark that seems subsequent to a TikTok consumer’s account title in search outcomes and within the profile.
The badge ought to at all times seem to the precise of the consumer’s title. Whether it is displayed elsewhere on the profile (e.g. within the bio) it isn’t a verified account.
The aim of those badges is to make it straightforward for customers to make sure they’re seeing genuine content material from an influencer or model.
TikTok routinely verifies a lot of these accounts:
- Influencers who’re very talked-about on TikTok and exceed a million followers.
- People who find themselves well-known outdoors of TikTok, reminiscent of actors, singers, or athletes.
- Well-liked customers who’ve skilled nice progress on TikTok.
For those who analyze the accounts already verified on TikTok, plainly the minimal number of viewers to get verified is around 50,000 followers.
Why Ought to You Confirm Your Account?
- It helps you get followers. If customers know that the account is official, they are going to be extra prone to comply with you.
- It generates belief amongst customers. Customers who know that your content material is genuine may have a great impression of your model.
- It helps keep away phishing issues. Sadly, many celebrities and influencers have confronted issues with faux accounts pretending to be them and even hackers who’ve taken over their accounts. TikTok’s verification mechanism prevents these issues and helps create a safer setting for everybody.
How Are TikTok Badges Assigned?
The very first thing you want to know is that, not like different social networks, you can’t immediately ask TikTok to confirm your account. The TikTok staff decides which accounts to confirm by way of a guide course.
We do know that there is a selection of necessities that accounts ought to meet earlier than TikTok decides to confirm them:
- Have an energetic account (logged in no less than as soon as within the final 6 months).
- Be managed by the precise individual, firm, or entity it claims to symbolize. Within the case of accounts with completely different languages, there can solely be one badge per firm or per individual.
- Be a public account.
- Have an entire profile, together with a brief description, title, profile photograph, and no less than one video.
- Have an electronic mail tackle assigned with an electronic mail area that corresponds to the corporate, entity, or establishment it claims to symbolize (for instance, @tiktok.com)?
- Have a distinguished presence within the media. TikTok says its staff critiques accounts that seem in a number of information sources and disregards press releases and sponsored or paid media.
- Have two-factor authentication with verified electronic mail. That ensures that the account stays safe and can proceed to be managed by an identical individual.
- One crucial factor to remember is that TikTok verifications can’t be bought. For those who meet somebody who guarantees to place a TikTok badge in your profile in trade for cash, ignore them!
There are additionally numerous circumstances that may trigger TikTok to take away a verification badge:
- The account is transferred to a different proprietor.
- The consumer title is modified (if it’s important to change it for some cause, you’ll be able to request verification once more).
- The account sort is modified (firm, particular person, or establishment).
- The account violates TikTok Phrases of Service.
5 Tricks to Confirm Your TikTok
Though you can’t immediately request verification from TikTok, you’ll be able to comply with these tricks to make TikTok think about your account necessary and grant you the badge:
- Get more followers. Along with reaching a related complete variety of followers, TikTok additionally values fixed progress, which means you retain new followers day after day. The important thing to reaching this isn’t a lot of a secret: posting high-quality content material regularly is the perfect technique.
- Get extra views. TikTok makes use of this metric, together with the variety of followers, to judge the expansion and evolution of an account. One approach to make it simpler for your movies to go viral and appeal to extra views is to take part in community tendencies and challenges like a TikTok branded hashtag challenge.
- Have verified accounts on different social networks. When you’ve got the verification mark on networks like Fb and Twitter, it may provide help to get the TikTok badge.
- Have a developed online presence. It can provide help if you happen to seem in media reminiscent of blogs or online press with unpaid content material.
- Adjust to TikTok’s guidelines. Make certain you meet all the factors in your account to be verified, reminiscent of utilizing an official electronic mail tackle and utilizing two-factor authentication.