WhatsApp is a free messaging and calling service for smartphones. Over two billion individuals all over the world use this app. In addition to its many other uses, the software lets its users exchange locations, documents, and media.
You can still be hacked into using WhatsApp, despite the fact that the WhatsApp encryption function makes sending and receiving messages extremely difficult. It’s also not simple to restore a hacked WhatsApp account on your own. If your WhatsApp account has been hacked, don’t worry; Goknowl can help you get back in touch with your contacts in no time.
Indications that someone has hacked your WhatsApp
Your worst nightmare might come true if someone were to break into your WhatsApp account, and it would also be a major invasion of your personal privacy. If you’ve been hacked, a malicious actor can access your private messages, files, and other data. Worse yet, they can criminally respond to your messages. The damage that could be done by an unauthorized individual is substantially more than this.
Some possible indicators that your WhatsApp account has been compromised are as follows.
· Inability to access your account
Unfortunately, you can only use WhatsApp on one device at a time. This means that if you are having trouble signing in, it is possible that someone else has access to your account.
· Examine the WhatsApp Web Interface
This function enables the app’s use within a web browser. Unfortunately, cybercriminals can gain access to your WhatsApp Web and read your conversations as well as your status updates. In order to determine if someone has hacked into your WhatsApp Web, you can use the following methods:
- Once the app has been launched, go to the menu.
- Go to your browser’s menu and select “WhatsApp Web“.
- Take a look at how many gadgets are linked to your account.
- If something seems off, you were probably hacked.
How to Recover from a Hacked WhatsApp Account
End-to-end encryption and a two-step authentication process are also features of WhatsApp, yet all a hacker needs to access your account is your phone number. Now, if your WhatsApp has been compromised, you need to take some initial precautions. Let’s break it down and talk about it.
· WhatsApp Status Update
The first step to take when a WhatsApp account has been compromised is to contact WhatsApp’s support team for help. WhatsApp’s customer service team is efficient and quick to respond to any inquiries. Legal action can be taken against the hacker for the misuse of your data and information once you have reported the incident.
· Inform Your Associates
If you believe your account has been compromised, you should contact your contacts immediately. The hacker can take over your account and do anything they want. Spread the word by phone calls, texts, and social media. If my WhatsApp account is compromised, you can alert them before you try to figure out what to do.
· Remove Your Account
In the unfortunate event that you should lose access to your WhatsApp account, you should immediately delete it to prevent any unauthorized parties from accessing your data. Your account will still exist even after you delete the app. By erasing your account, you ensure that the hacker has no further access to the information stored there.
A Step-by-Step Guide to Reclaiming Your Own Lost WhatsApp Account
Follow these procedures to successfully regain access to your account:
- Simply provide your phone number as your login ID. Enter the 6-digit verification code you received through text to verify this number.
- If the code is entered correctly, the unauthorized use of your account will be logged out immediately.
Your two-step verification code may be requested on other occasions. Two-factor authentication may have been activated on the WhatsApp account if you are unable to retrieve this code. In this event, you won’t be able to access your account without using two-step verification for 7 days. The unauthorized user’s session has been terminated as soon as the 6-digit code is entered, regardless of whether you have this code or not.
Protecting Your WhatsApp Account From Hackers
Take note of these five pointers to keep in mind to keep your WhatsApp account safe from hackers:
- Take use of end-to-end encryption.
- You should use end-to-end encryption for your communications. This makes sure that your conversations are private between you and the recipient.
- If you see a link that looks dubious, do not click on it.
- When in doubt, avoid clicking.
- Seize the opportunity of being alone.
- Select “Contacts only” in WhatsApp’s privacy settings. The only persons who can see your status, profile photo, and phone number are those in your contact list.
Delete Your Data If Your Phone Gets Stolen
In the unfortunate event that your phone is stolen (which happens frequently), you should immediately deactivate your account to prevent unauthorized access.
Always quit WhatsApp Web
If you want to avoid being tracked by WhatsApp when you leave the office, make it a habit to log out of WhatsApp Web. If you don’t, whomever else uses that computer can see everything you’ve ever typed in it.
Methods for Recovering a Lost WhatsApp Account
Here’s what you need to do to reclaim your previous account:
|Initial Steps to recover WhatsApp||Final Steps to recover WhatsApp|
|To check out what programs have been installed on your phone, open the settings menu.||A valid phone number is necessary. Fill in the number associated with your previous account.|
|Look for WhatsApp in your device’s app drawer.||Whatsapp will only allow a single verified pairing at a time (OTP). To get OTP, your old sim card must be functional at this time, as it will be sent to the same number you entered.|
|Once you have located WhatsApp, tap it and select the Clear data option.||Enter the One-Time Password and proceed with the next step.|
|Yes or no questions will be posed to you. You should go with that option.||Simply enter your former WhatsApp account’s name and you’ll be sent to your old account.|
Methods for Recovering a Lost WhatsApp Account by Using a New Phone Number
You can also get a new phone and a new number while keeping your previous account active. You should start using the new phone’s Change Number feature to transfer your old phone number and then conclude by reinstalling WhatsApp Messenger on the old phone.
With your outdated cell phone:
- Launch WhatsApp messenger.
- You Have More Choices.
- To access the configurations, select the gear icon.
- Pick Your Account.
- To Make a Swap, Pick a New Number.
- Put in the field labeled “old phone number,” the number associated with your previous WhatsApp account.
- In the box labeled “new phone number,” type the new number you’d like to use.
- New phone numbers require verification via a verification code given to the new number.
If you’re moving to a new device and want to take your WhatsApp conversations with you, you may do so by first opening WhatsApp, then selecting More Options, then Settings, then tapping on Chats, then selecting Chat backup, and finally enabling Google Drive backup.
You will need to manually transfer your backup from Google Drive if you had previously backed up your WhatsApp chat history there.
- Get the most recent version of WhatsApp and install it.
- Double-check the updated phone number.
- Bring back your saved conversation log.
After the change has gone through, you can let your contacts know so they can update their records with your new number. Thanks to this, talking to people online won’t be a hassle.
However, people also search this topic with the following terms:
- how to recover my hacked WhatsApp account 2022
- Can a hacked WhatsApp account be recovered?
- How can I restore my WhatsApp account?
- How do I block my WhatsApp from another phone?
- How do I report a scammer on WhatsApp?
- How can I get my old WhatsApp account without verification code?
- How do I log into my old WhatsApp number?
- how to recover whatsapp account on new phone
- how to restore deleted whatsapp account without backup
- how can i recover my whatsapp account without sim
- how to recover my whatsapp account
- how to logout from hacked whatsapp on android
- How to Recover Deleted WhatsApp Account and Messages