The flat roof is the top most part of any structure and building that protects the interior from snow, rain and heat. Pitch is the slope of the roof, and the roof with a pitch of approximately 10 degrees or below is called a flat roof. Some of the features of the flat roof are:
- It is one of the most ancient and commonly used roofs of all time
- Roof can be used as an additional living space
- It is also known as a low sloop roof.
- It is mostly used where there is less temperature and rainfall.
- Also used in arid climates
- They are easy to renovate
- These require gutters to ensure a good drainage system
Types of flat roofs
Mountbank Developments Ltd offers excellent workmanship for any flat roofing Bournemouth installation.
BUR – Built-Up Roof: this is the most common flat roof with adhesive and felt layers. It starts with a deck board it is then followed by insulation. After that, layers of felt and asphalt are changed, with gravel being put on the top layer. The top layer of the flat roof reflects the sun and keeps the inside insulated. It protects the lower layers of the roof from weathering as well.
GRP – Glass Reinforced Polyester: GRP roofing is a good choice and is also known as fibreglass roofing. The material used in this type of flat roof is produced by combining glass fibres and thermosetting polyester resin. Glass fibres are applied into the resin, and its effect is a strong and lightweight material that is naturally watertight.
Bitumen: appears as a sticky black substance used for road, paving, waterproofing and as a flat roofing membrane.
EPDM – Ethylene Propylene Diene M-Class Rubber: it is a single-ply membrane roofing type made with synthetic materials. EPDM is a rubber adhesive that is one of the cheapest ways to cover a roof.
Remarkable benefits of a flat roof
- Flat roof is simpler and easier to construct than other types of roofs
- It provides better ventilation, light and a good appearance to your house
- The flat roof possesses good insulation properties
- Flat roof’s design requires a lesser area of roofing material that’s why it is economical
- As both sides are flat on a flat roof, it does not need any false ceiling.
- This type of roof can cover any horizontal dimensions.
- In a multistory apartment or house, the flat roof is the only and best choice, as things like an antenna and overhead water tanks are located on the terrace.
- Although flat roof construction has a high initial cost, maintenance and construction of the flat are far simpler than other types of roofs.
- With a flat roof, you can use the space for various events, social gatherings and festivals
- It is water resistant, so you don’t have to worry about water damage.
- You can easily remove algae or stains from your roof regularly.
Bring your house back to life with our House Renovation Bournemouth service
Renovating your home is always a smart option than selling and moving to a new property. This way, you will avoid all the hassle of buying a new home and all the costs that comes with it. So, it’s better to hire a professional contractor with the expertise and experience required to do the job.
Improve the functionality of your home: it allows you to customise your home, which is an excellent opportunity to create a perfect, cozy and comfortable living space and make it more useful and enjoyable. You can create your home theatre, finish your basement and upgrade your bathrooms.
Lower your energy costs: it is a great opportunity to make your house energy-efficient and save on electricity bills. It helps to upgrade your lights and change the lightbulbs and bathroom appliances. These small changes can easily cut down on your energy bills, allowing you to save money.
Increase space and change your lifestyle: renovation is an excellent way to add more space and make it as modern as you want it to be. You can hire our house renovation Bournemouth team, and they will come up with the best innovative designs and ideas.
Our other noticeable services include:
- Insurance works and repairs
- Windows, doors and conservatories
- Kitchen and bathroom renovation
- Project management
- Loft conversion
- Kitchen fitters
- Plumbing services
- Driveway and block paving
- Ceramic tiling