Are you experiencing problems with the TP Link wireless range extender? Is it not performing to the expected standard? Resetting may be of assistance to you! This article will walk you through the process of resetting your TP Link extender to the default settings it had when it was first manufactured. You will learn how to reset your device using the Reset button and by accessing the TP Link extender login page. Continue reading.
Prerequisites to TP Link Extender Reset
- Find a functional outlet so that you may connect it to your TP Link extender.
- Ensure that the power supply to the extender is stable at all times.
- There should not be any connection (wired or wireless) between the TP Link range extender and the router that you are using.
- Create a backup of your extender’s current settings before making any changes.
- Maintain a safe distance between the extender and any devices that might cause interference, such as microwaves, baby monitors, cordless phones, Bluetooth speakers, metal studs, and so on.
Caution: When you do a reset on your TP Link extender, all of the personalized settings that you have added, including the admin password, network name, and security settings, will be removed. As a result, it is essential to ensure that a backup copy of all of the essential extender settings is created in advance. If you do so, the process of reconfiguring the extender will become much simpler for you to complete.
How to Reset TP-Link Extender?
As mentioned earlier, you can return your TP Link range extender to its factory settings, you may either use the button labeled Reset or via the tplinkrepeater.net web-based graphical user interface. Have a look at these steps:
How to Reset TP-Link Extender via Reset Button?
- Connecting your range extender from TP Link to a power socket allows you to turn it on and use it.
- Grab a paper clip or pin.
- Find the button labeled Reset on the WiFi range extender.
- Wait until your extender has successfully completed a reboot.
Done! Your TP Link extender has been returned to its original, default configuration. At this point, you will need to adjust the parameters of your WiFi extender so that they meet your needs. Do not forget to set up the device using the TP-Link extender login details.
How to Reset TP-Link Extender via Web Interface?
Hard Reset is another name for resetting a TP Link wireless range extender using the web-based graphical user interface. Follow the procedures listed below using the online user interface of your browser in order to reset your TP Link extender:
- Turn on your TP Link range extender once you have plugged it into an electrical outlet.
- Launch an internet browser on your desktop machine or portable device. You are free to use any web browser you like, including but not limited to Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, and Apple Safari.
- After typing 192.168.1.250 IP as the URL in the address field, press the Enter key.
- The window for logging in will appear.
- Please ensure that the user ID and passphrase are entered into the appropriate sections.
- To sign in, use the Log In option.
- The dashboard for your TP Link extender will then be visible to you.
- Proceed to the section labeled Settings.
- Locate the option to reset the device.
- To proceed, you must first choose the Yes option.
- Allow the range extender from TP Link to properly reset.
You may quickly and simply reset the TP Link extender to its original factory settings by following these steps.
The Bottom Line
With that, you will easily be able to reset your TP Link range extender to its factory default settings. For your information, if you performed TP-Link Archer AX55 router setup in your home, you can use the first method to reset it.