An Informational Guide to Secure Rockspace Range Extender Network
Do you often worry that unauthorised users will be able to access the Rockspace range extender network? If that’s the case, you’ve found the appropriate article. Find out here how to secure the network of your Rockspace range extender. So, let’s get going. For your information, the hacks mentioned below will be applicable to any extender model that you own. This means that whether you have done Rockspace AC1200 setup or installed any other model, you don’t worry about referring to some article altogether.
How to Secure Rockspace Range Extender Network?
Change the Admin Login Password
The default credentials for every Rockspace range extender make setup a breeze. The default login credentials for the extender must be modified after the first setup. For security reasons, it must be enabled on the Rockspace extender to keep out intruders.
Here, we’ll explain how to modify your Rockspace extender’s factory settings:
- Connect the power adapter for your Rockspace WiFi range extender.
- You may use a cable or wireless connection to connect the extender to the router.
- After that, locate a computer to use.
- Start up your preferred web browser, whether it Chrome, Firefox, Edge, Safari, etc.
- Remember that if you want to modify the default login admin information of your Rockspace extender, you must use a modern web browser.
- Access the location bar.
- Input re.rockspace.local in the address bar to continue.
- Hit the Enter key.
- Here, you can access the Rockspace setup wizard.
- Select Password from the Settings menu.
- In the New Username section, type in the new name you’d want to give the extender.
- Click the Password tab now.
- Replace the current password with the one you’d want to use for your wireless extender in the New Password area.
- For verification, please re-enter the extender’s password.
- Determine and respond to a set of security questions.
- In order for your changes to take effect, please click the Save button.
By doing so, you may make your Rockspace range extender’s WiFi network more secure than it was when it was set up using the factory default login credentials.
Use a Strong WiFi Password
The Rockspace extender may be made more secure by changing the default WiFi password. In any case, make sure your WiFi extender has a robust password.
Also read- Netgear Extender Keeps Disconnecting Issue.
In case you’ve never changed the WiFi password on your Rockspace range extender before, here are the steps to follow:
- Assure that your device is accessing the internet at lightning speeds.
- Using a modern web browser, use the default web address.
- Proceed to log in using the default username and password for your extender.
- The Settings menu may be accessed from the extender dashboard.
- Choose the wireless option.
- Discover the WiFi Password menu.
- Click the Use a Different Password link.
- Key in the new WiFi password and confirm it on the range extender.
- To save the changes, scroll down and click on the Save button best Tire shops in Dubai .
In this manner, you may modify the factory-set password on your Rockspace extender.
Update the Rockspace Range Extender Firmware
The wireless extender from Rockspace is just another networking device, and it uses software just like anything else. The firmware is this piece of software. Rockspace constantly releases new firmware versions to improve the extender’s performance. That’s why it’s important to update the extender’s firmware. The firmware update for the range extender also adds security protections to your WiFi device, protecting it from outside interference. So, this is a great way to safeguard the Rockspace extender’s WiFi network.
Be careful not to touch your Rockspace range extender or open any other tabs on your browser after clicking the Upload button. Attempting to do so may cause the firmware update via Rockspace_ext setup page to fail.
Accessing a lightning-fast internet connection comes with the burden of securing a Rockspace extender. After reading this article, you should feel more confident about taking measures to protect the WiFi network of your extender.
Read more- Quick Guide to Fix Netgear Extender Keeps Disconnecting Issue