It was a good occasion. This Monterey Car Week of efficiency dominance will quickly be coming to a finish when Hyundai unleashes its EV6 GT efficiency crossover in North America. With 576 horses underneath the hood and a 0-60 of three.4 seconds, not even a Huracan Evo can beat it off the road.
The brand new EV6 GT is to not be confused with the prevailing, although it’s simple to do. From the skin they’re largely related — save for the neon accents and 21-inch rims — however like story morals, puff pastries and spider egg sacs, it’s what’s on the within that basically issues. The place the GT-Line AWD provided a not-insignificant 320 HP (446 lb-ft torque) from its 165kW entrance and 74kW rear electrical motors, the GT AWD goes two steps additional, slamming a 160kW motor onto the entrance axle and a large 270 kW motor on the rear to output 576 HP and 546 lb-ft of torque.
It does a 0-60 in 3.4 seconds with a high velocity of 161 MPH — that’s a tenth of a second quicker than the Mach-E GT Efficiency version with 96 extra horsepower to make use of. That mentioned, the Mustang does supply extra torque (600 lb-ft to the EV6’s 546) and a much longer driving vary, 270 miles on a full Mach-E cost vs simply 206 miles for the EV6 GT.
Like the remainder of the EV6 lineup, the GT will profit from Hyundai Group’s 800V electrical structure enabling speedy charging to the tune of 70 p.c battery capability in 18 minutes at 350 kW. Unique to the GT, nevertheless, are three new drive modes: GT Drive, My Drive, and (squeegee) Drift Mode.
GT Drive “optimizes the efficiency of the EV6 GT’s motors, braking, steering, suspension, e-LSD, and Digital Stability Management (ESC) methods into their most dynamic settings,” per a Friday launch. “Drivers may create custom-tailored settings to swimsuit particular person driving preferences utilizing My Drive Mode.” The true enjoyment begins with Drift Mode, which pushes a majority of the facility to the rear wheels for a completely electrified hooning expertise.
There’s no phrase on pricing but nevertheless, it’s fairly secure to imagine that it’ll be north of the GT-Line AWD’s $56,400 MSRP (possibly much more than the $62,000 Mach-E GT). We’ll discover out when the EV6 goes on sale in This fall of 2022.
- What day is Monterey Car Week?
- Can anyone go to Monterey Car Week?
- Where is Car Week in Monterey?
- How should I dress for Monterey car week?
- How long does Monterey Car Week last?
- What time does Monterey car week start?
- Where is the Pebble Beach Concours d Elegance held?
- How much are Amelia Island Concours d Elegance tickets?
- Where to fly into for Monterey ca?
- What do Pebble Beach people wear?
- What is resort casual?
- What is the dress code for Pebble Beach golf course?
- How much will the new Kia EV6 GT cost?
- When did Kia start making EV6?
- What new car is Kia coming out with?
- What is Kia’s first dedicated EV model?
- When can you buy Kia EV6?
- How much should I pay for a Kia EV6?
- How many Kia EV6 have been sold?
- Who makes EV6 battery?
- Who makes the Kia EV6 battery?
- Is Kia better than Hyundai?
- Are 2022 Kia cars out yet?
- Are the 2022 Kias out yet?